Live the dream in Cozumel Mexico

Welcome to our Blog! After 6 years living the dream on our little carribean island Cozumel, we like to share our experiences with you. Have fun reading and maybe one day we will blow some bubbles together!







Thursday, March 3, 2011

Why would they kill 70 bull sharks?

Today we have got the sad news that the Mexican government has authorized to kill 70 bull sharks in the area of Cancun after a tourist attack earlier this month.
Also the government had decided more than a year ago that they would get millions of cubic feet of sand from the north part of the Island of Cozumel to fix the vanishing beaches around Cancun and Playa del Carmen.
I do not understand these things.

What I do understand is the beauty of the Marine life I see almost on a daily basis here in Cozumel and that it really hurts me when they jeapordize our heritance to our children.
I love my work, I love the twinkle in the eye of my students when they see this beauty for the first time in their lifes and I love the certified divers coming back diving with us again because they are part of our diving family.

Can you make me understand or do I already understand what is important?


Karen

www.divechoicemexico.com

No comments:

Post a Comment